Wednesday


Year Two Book Seven: 
Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson
June 17th 2015


Amy: 4 out of 5. I struggled with this book a bit because I had a hard time following the timelines! Through discussing the book with the girls, I realize that the story is told in circles that slowly loop together to bring you to the conclusion and that for some of us, a particular time frame stuck out the most. For me, it was the time when Lisa was in junior high and the whole period with Frank, Cheese, Pooch and Tab. For some reason those chapters were really vivid to me and because of that I would consider this to be a 'coming of age' story! Which I am sure is it in part. I need to set a Google reminder to remember this again in a year because I am sure other parts will resonate more or I will see the story in a different light. I think that is the magic of First Nations story telling! It isn't concrete like the stories I am used to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment